Fast howto upgrade from version 5 to version 6.
You may start installing a v6 from scratch in a separate location in order to test that all pre-requisite are satisfied (mainly CPAN modules). That can done from tar.gz using the followind script :#!/bin/bash if [ $# -ne 1 ] ; then echo "missing destination directory" exit 1 fi name=`basename $1` aclocal ; autoconf; automake --add-missing; ./configure --prefix=$1 \ --with-confdir=$1/etc \ --with-mandir=$1/man \ --with-initdir=/etc/init.d \ --with-lockdir=$1/lock \ --with-sendmail_aliases=/etc/mail/aliases-$name \ --with-iconsdir=/var/www/icons
Then run make, make install . All component are installed in a separate dir including sympa.conf . Edit it and configure Sympa with a database different from the database you are using with current sympa running version.
Run sympa.pl –test_database_message_buffer in order to verify that big files can be stored in your database. see section about database tunning.
Ones this is OK, upgade is easy :
- prepare the sympa V6 for the standard location :
- aclocal ; autoconf; automake –add-missing; ./configure ; make ;
- sympa stop; http stop
- save your database content
- make install;
- upgrade database stucture :
- sympa.pl –upgrade ;
- sympa.pl –md5encode_password ; * upgrade sympa starting script because of a new deamon to start bulk.pl * sympa start; http start Done