LDAP is a client-server protocol for accessing a directory service. Sympa provide various features based on access to one or more LDAP directories:
- authentication using LDAP directory instead of the Sympa internal storage of password (see auth.conf);
- named filters used in authorization scenario condition (see Named Filters);
- LDAP extraction of list subscribers (see user_data_source);
- LDAP extraction of list owners or editors (see Data inclusion file);
- mail aliases stored in LDAP (see Alias manager).